Monday, April 12, 2010

Southern California Vacation 1984

My family and I went to Southern California on vacation in 1984. I don't have any pictures to show you from this trip because we video taped it. On this trip to Southern California we went to Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, Queen Mary and the Spruce Goose, Disneyland, Marineland, San Diego Zoo and Reuban H. Fleet Science Center. Here is what we did at each place while we filmed it.

Knott's Berry Farm on July 20, 1984
We went on a train ride, Log Flume, Roaring 20's Cars, Parachutes ride, Merry-Go-Round, Montezuma Revenge but I was to little to ride it, Moonwalk bounce, Tugs of Fun, Cars you put money in. These were all the rides that we filmed. The other rides that we went on that we didn't film were Calico Mine Train Ride and Knott's Bear-y Tales Ride. My favorite ride at Knott's Berry Farm that year was Knott's Bear-y Tales Ride. I rode on that like 100 times. I wish that ride was still there.

Disneyland on July 21, 1984
We went on the submarine ride, Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Snow White, Peter Pan, Sky Way, Space Mountain, People Movers, ate lunch at the Blue Bayou, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, It's a Small World and ate dinner at Geppetto's.

Queen Mary and the Spruce Goose on July 22, 1984
We ate lunch on the Queen Mary and I ate Calm Chowder. We looked around the Queen Mary and saw the Spruce Goose. After that we went driving around LA. The Good Year Blimp flew right over us. Saw Grams Chinese Theater and the movies that were playing there were: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Gremlins and Ghostbusters. We went swimming at the motel. My Dad was filming us from the motel room.

Disneyland on July23, 1984
We went on a horse carriage trolley, Alice In Wonderland, Matterhorn, Dumbo, Sky Way, Autopias, ate breakfast at the Character Breakfast, Jungle Cruise, Canoes, Tom Sawyer's Island, Kell Boats, Big Thunder Mountain, America Sings, Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Parade, Fireworks, Train, Rocket ride, Disneyland Monorail, and Magic Journey's 3D is what was all filmed that day.

Marineland on July 24, 1984
We watched a diving show followed by a dolphin show, saw a tank full of sharks, saw a killer whale show and the whales were named Orkie and Korkie. Saw another show about a dolphin and a black whale. After Marineland we went to the beach and went swimming in the ocean.

San Diego Zoo on July 25, 1984
We went on a tour ride of the zoo. Then we ate lunch. After lunch we walked around the zoo. We went to a petting zoo at San Diego Zoo. I petted a sheep and I told my Mom that it felt like cotton. This boy came up to me and said it was fur. While we were at the petting zoo I got trampled by a sheep. To this day I hate going to petting zoos cuz I have that fear of getting trampled to death. After the petting zoo we went on the sky way across the zoo. Then we saw the sea lions and they were really cute and making a lot of noise. Then we saw the Gorillas and they were really cute too.

Reuben H. Fleet Science Center on July 25, 1984
When we were at the Fleet Science Center we did a lot of the exhibits. We also watched a movie while we were there. It was about Hawaii and we filmed the movie while we were there. Then we came back to the motel and went swimming.

LaJella on July 26, 1984
We went to the beach and checked it out. My brother Tyler and I really wanted to go swimming at that beach. Then we went on a boat ride on a boat that is called a duck. The boat can go on land and in the water. The boat ride took us right by Sea World and I really wanted to go to Sea World that day and not go on the boat ride. After the boat ride we went to a navy base in San Diego. Then we saw a cemetery.

San Diego, CA on July 27, 1984
My brother Tyler and I went swimming at the motel. At first I didn't want to go swimming because I was tired. Then I came around and went swimming.

This is what my family and I did on our Southern California Vacation in 1984. I hope you all liked and enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for reading about my adventures to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment